Today I’m thankful for:
- Another sunny, warm day with blooming redbud, pear and crabapple trees, daffodils, tulips, birds at my bird feeder (and of course my nemesis, the chipmunk) and in the little birdhouse on the wooden post in the yard.
- Last week during church we had the opportunity to write prayers or praises on pieces of paper and attach them to a cross on the platform. Today a woman shared enthusiastically during the service that God answered that prayer she offered last week.
- I got not one, but two hugs from Miss Esther today at church. (A classy, lovely, elderly friend who always makes sure to give me a hug before she leaves each Sunday.)
- Time to plant pansies and snapdragons in pots on my back porch and hang up a wind chime, with only the sound of the birds and the occasional car driving by out front. My outdoor chairs are cleaned off and ready for some good quiet times this spring and summer and hopefully chatting with friends.
- Eating tacos and snacks with the people in our life group, laughing and talking about our favorite grocery stores and food.
- Spending a couple of hours with four little boys while the adults had Bible study and prayer.
- Swinging them on the tire swing, tossing a Spiderman Ball and Flippy Flyer, whacking trees with stick swords, and running around the green grass in the warm evening breeze.
- Getting snuggles from a 3 year old while watching “Bug’s Life” while the boys start to quiet and settle down. I miss those kind of times when my girls were little. I had forgotten how nice it was.
- Eating some strawberries dipped in chocolate.
- Enjoying the last couple of hours of the weekend before I will happily sink into my comfy bed and sleep.
Many of the good gifts God gave me today were unexpected and came in surprising ways. What a good Sunday.